It is my pleasure to confirm that this years AGM is taking place from 1.30-2.30pm Saturday 6th April at M.A.R.E.S. Amersham.
In addition to the AGM (which is free for members to attend), we are also offering 4 hours of animal-related CPD for just £30 to Members, which reflects the costs for the facilities, equipment & a light lunch (lecturers are kindly giving their time for free).
So join us for an informative & interesting day:-
- Meet your SOAP committee, hear about our plans and get involved with the development and future of Animal Osteopathy;
- Deepen your knowledge about pathologies in dogs & lameness in horses, and osteopathic approaches to treating both; plus enhance your business skills (see programme below);
- Achieve 4 hours of Animal CPD towards the 7 hours we ask you to commit to in a year as a member of SOAP.
Places on the CPD part of the day are limited so to reserve your place, email email@example.com as soon as possible for further details.
Non-members are also welcome, so if you have colleagues who are treating animals or interested in knowing more, but are not SOAP members, do forward this email to them. Fees for non-members to attend are £55 for qualified osteopaths, £45 for final year students, and if they are eligible for membership & join on the day they will receive a discounted membership fee – to place reservations, organise payment & for further details please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you only plan to come the AGM part, please also let me know – by 22nd July latest.
CPD Programme – knowledge, research, practical – 4 hours of Animal CPD
- Equine behaviour and body language: animal behaviourist Olivia Turner gives us insight into equine body language and communication also focussing on stress and discomfort in the ridden horse.
- Canine applied forelimb biomechanics – James Sabala and Eleanor Andrews, lecturers in animal osteopathy combine theory with practical as we explore muscular activity in forelimb biomechanics and how this can be applied to gait assessment in animal practice.
- Equi-taping demo – exact details to be confirmed.
Any and all questions regarding the AGM can be directed to either the secretary at email@example.com or the communications officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you at the AGM!