Keeping you safe
Hello everyone having reviewed the latest government, RCVS and BEVA guidelines for England, we remind our members to ensure they make a professional judgement regarding the treatment of animals and to take suitable precautions to ensure safety of yourself, the animal and the owner.
Remember to use appropriate PPE and to check whether the owner is currently well and whether they have been in contact with anyone with covid symptoms or who has tested positive for Covid in the last 10 days. For each patient, carry out a risk assessment. Keep a close eye on RCVS and Government guidelines.
The current Government advice for England includes the following:
* You may only leave your home for work if you cannot reasonably work from home.
* Where people cannot work from home …. they should continue to travel to their workplace.
* This is essential to keeping the country operating and supporting sectors and employers.
* Where it is necessary for you to work in other people’s homes – for example, for nannies, cleaners or tradespeople – you can do so.
* You may leave home for Animal welfare reasons such as to attend veterinary services for advice or treatment.
Businesses and venues that may remain open include:
* medical and dental services
* vets and retailers of products and food for the upkeep and welfare of animals